Tuesday, 19, May, 2026
 
 
 
Expand O P Jindal Global University
 
Recent News

US informed WHO Chief of $62 million funding cut


WHO Chief/ World Health Organisation, pic by: The Economic Times
03 Sep 2020
Categories: International News

The United States informed World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus that Washington is reprogramming USD 62 million to finalize its withdrawal from the body, State Department official Nerissa Cook said on Wednesday.

"Today, we are announcing the remaining portion of the 2020 assessment, slightly more than USD 62 million, will be reprogrammed to the UN to pay other assessments," Cook said in a briefing.

"The information... was also presented to WHO Director-General Tedros," Cook added.

Cook said USD 58 million had already been contributed at the time of President Donald Trump's April decision to suspend additional funding. Washington pulled out of the WHO earlier this year after claiming the body helped China conceal information about the origins of COVID-19.

The WHO said it's January 30 emergency declaration gave the United States sufficient time to prepare while Beijing has said it has been transparent about the details of the virus's origins

Source Link.



Download the LatestLaws.com Mobile App
 
 
Latestlaws Newsletter
 

Publish Your Article

 

Campus Ambassador

 

Media Partner

 

Campus Buzz

 

LatestLaws Guest Court Correspondent

LatestLaws Guest Court Correspondent Apply Now!
 

LatestLaws.com presents: Lexidem Offline Internship Program, 2026

 

LatestLaws.com presents 'Lexidem Online Internship, 2026', Apply Now!

 
 

LatestLaws Partner Event : IJJ

 

LatestLaws Partner Event : MAIMS

 
 
Latestlaws Newsletter