What is a Legal Document?
A legal document, in general, is a document where two or more parties enter into an agreement and it is confirmed by the placement of their signatures at the end. The term legal documents have a very broad term when it comes to discovery and court required documents.
Many times a court, during a specific case, will have to make a ruling on what types of documents are considered legal documents in relevance to the case.
When a legal document is created to form a contract, all parties must agree and sign the document. If you do not sign the document it cannot be held as binding in a Court of Law.
Many people attest to the “verbal agreement” theory. However, one should always remember the old cliche: “The agreement is only as good as the paper it is written upon.”
If you do not sign a document it is not legal. A legal document is legally binding in the eyes of the court.
Types of Legal Documents-
There can be no exhaustive list of documents which can enlist all different types of Legal Documents.
However they can be broadly categorised and understood under following heads.
- Agreement between a Broker and Owner for Selling a House
- Agreement between Employer and Employees for Arbitration of Disputes
- Agreement Between Owners and Contractors for Construction
- Agreement clause for Arbitration in Building/ other Agreement
- Dealership Agreement between Manufacturer and Retailer
- Application for Child Custody
- Arbitration Agreements
- Civil Court Forms
- Consumer Disputes
- Criminal Court Forms
- Dishonour of Cheque
- Family Court Forms
- Gift Deeds
- Hire Purchase Agreements
- How to make an Affidavit
- Affidavit before the sales-tax tribunal for stay of disputed tax
- Affidavit for ATM Proposal Letter
- Affidavit for Caveator Application
- Affidavit for Change of Signature
- Affidavit For Condonation Of Delay In Filing The Appeal Against Assessment Order Of Sales Tax Officer
- Affidavit For Extending Time To File The Income Tax Return
- Affidavit for issue of duplicate licence for export trade control
- Affidavit for Legal Notice to Bank Loan
- Affidavit for Replacement of Power of Attorney
- Affidavit For Resumption Of Indian Citizenship
- Affidavit for Special Power of Attorney
- Affidavit In Income-Tax Proceedings
- Affidavit of Application for Regular Bail
- Affidavit of Certificate for Non Re-Marriage
- Affidavit of Life Certificate for Pension
- Affidavit Of Process Server To A Accompany Return Of A Summons Or Notice
- Affidavit of The Application For The Issue Of Duplicate Export Licence
- Affidavit Regarding Non Ownership Of Alleged Business
- Affidavit with the application for amending the Wealth-tax return
- Affidavit With The Application For The Registration Of The Will After The Death Of The Testator
- Affidavit with the application to Regional Transport Authority for Duplicate licence
- Aggrement Between A Firm And A Broker For Agency
- Agriculture land Affidavit
- Bill Affidavit
- In the application for issue of duplicate licence
- Regarding Closure Of Business
- Legal Bonds
- Legal Notice Formats
- Legal Settlements
- Partnership Agreements
- Power of Attorney
- Sale Documents Formats