Introduction to University
Chandigarh University is a multi-disciplinary, leading institute in the northern India which is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research. It has been established through State Legislature Act, of Punjab and is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC). The aim of this institute is to develop leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally.
About 1st International Seminar
Quality of environment determines the quality of life. Clean environment helps in enriching the quality of life. In the past few decades’ awareness of the damaging effects of environmental pollution on human beings and their quality of life has increased dramatically. In the hustle-bustle of life, man has almost forgotten nature and has become more and more modernized with the aid of latest scientific and technological developments.
The major environmental concerns of today are noise pollution, air pollution, resulting from industrial development; water pollution from industrial and domestic effluent, soil erosion, deforestation, and loss of wild life, ugly landscapes and city slums resulting from a growing population.
Similarly, the scientific and technological development has also left its impact on the quality of environment. There are several issues like climate change, depletion in ozone layer, acid rain, biotechnology, bioterrorism, e-waste, etc and its impact on the quality of environment.
Undoubtedly the Indian judiciary has done a yeomen service in protecting the environment, however, at times it has been excessive activist in its approach. The response of the legislature and the role of the executive in protecting the environment need to be revisited. The concern for preserving the quality of life and promoting the environment while undertaking the task of development is very necessary.
Date: 22nd September, 2018
- Stockholm declaration & its impact on state sensitization towards environment legislation;
- E-Waste effect and disposal management;
- Human Rights vis-à-vis environment;
- Judicial Respond on the protection of the environmental law in India;
Note: The Author can submit the paper on any relevant theme related to the main theme of the National Seminar.
Video Conferencing: Presenters can also present their Research Paper with the help of Video Conferencing.
- Provisional registration: 27thAugust, 2018
- Submission of Abstract: 02ndSeptember, 2018
- Intimation of acceptance:04thSeptember, 2018
- Submission of Full paper, Demand Draft of registration fee: 15thSeptember 2018
- Registration for attendees: till September 17th, 2018
- Date of Seminar: 22ndSeptember, 2018
Method of Submission
Interested participants have to make a provisional registration through mail at the mentioned Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org till 27th August, 2018.
All submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject column as ‘Submission – abstract/full paper as the case may be and bearing the name (s) of the author(s) as the file name, only at the following e-mail address: email@example.com CC: to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Note: Selected papers shall be published in the “Chandigarh University Law Journal” in its second edition.
- Lawyers/corporate : ₹2500/- ; 150$ (For Foreign delegates)
- Co-author- ₹2000/- ; 130$(For Foreign Delegates)
- Academicians: ₹1500/- ; 115$(For Foreign Delegates)
- Co-author: ₹1200/- ; 100$(For Foreign Delegates)
- Students /Research Scholar : ₹1000/- ; 80$(For Foreign Delegates)
- Co-author: ₹750/- ; 70$(For Foreign Delegates)
- Attendee : ₹500/- ; 50$(For Foreign Delegates)
Registration for the attendee can be made by making a mail with the subject “Request as an Attendee” at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prof (Dr.) J P Yadav, Director UILS: email@example.com
Ms. Ankita Bali (Faculty Convener): firstname.lastname@example.org
Organising Committee: +91-8279952001; +91-8868068244
E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
*Since the accommodation at the venue for attendees is limited, preference would be given to people who register in advance for the event.