National Defence Fund (Orissa Collection) Act, 1963 (PDF)
National Defence Fund Orissa Collection Act 1963
The National Defence Fund (Orissa Collection) Act, 1963
Orissa Act No. 6 of 1963
Published vide Orissa Gazette Extraordinary/23-4-1963.
For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Orissa Gazette Extraordinary No. 196/26-3-1963.
An Act to prohibit unauthorised collection in the State of Orissa for the National Defence Fund.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Orissa in the Fourteenth Year of the Republic of India, as follows :
- Short title, extent and commencement.– (1) This Act may be called the National Defence Fund (Orissa Collection) Act, 1963.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Orissa.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
- Definitions.– In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-
(a) “collection” means only collection within the State of Orissa of any money or valuable thing;
(b) “Fund” means the National Defence Fund created by the Central Government for purposes relating to the defence of India and any of the branches of the said Fund in operation within the State of Orissa including the National Defence Fund (Orissa Branch) created by the State Government.
- Prohibition of collection by unauthorised persons.– No collection for the fund shall be made by any person except under the authority of and in accordance with the terms and conditions, if any, of an order made by-
(a) the State Government in that behalf, or
(b) any officer of the State Government specially authorised by them for the purpose.
- Collections to be in accordance with rules.– No such collection shall be made except in accordance with such procedure and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by rules made in this behalf :
Provided that the State Government may, by order grant exemption to any person or institution from the provisions of this section.
- Collections to be made over to specified officer, etc.– All collections for the fund made by persons authorised under Section 3 shall be made over by the persons making the collections to such officers, offices, other persons or Banks as may be specified by the State Government by order made in this behalf.
- Penalty.– Any person making or aiding in any collection for the fund except in accordance with the provisions of this Act shall be liable, on conviction, to imprisonment which may extend to three years or with fine or with both.
- Offence to be cognizable.– An offence punishable under Section 6 shall be cognizable.
- Act not to affect certain voluntary contributions.– Nothing in this Act shall affect any collections made by, or any contributions voluntarily made over or remitted to, any person or authority or any Bank authorised by the Central Government to make such collections or to receive such contributions, as the case may be.
- Power to make rules.– The State Government may make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act and may for the said purpose from time to time issue such instructions and directions as they deem fit.
- Repeal and savings.– (1) The National Defence Fund (Orissa Collection) Ordinance, 1962 (Orissa Ordinance No. 4 of 1962), is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done, any action taken, any rules made or any orders issued in exercise of any power conferred by or under the said ordinance shall be deemed to have been, done, taken, made or issued in exercise of the powers conferred by or under this Act as if this Act was in force on the day on which such thing was done, action was taken, rules were made or order was issued.