Wildlife (Protection) Rules,1995 (PDF File)
WILDLIFE (PROTECTION) RULES, 1995
G.S.R. 348(E)-In exercise of powers conferred by clause (k) of sub-section (1) of section 63 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:
1. Short title and Commencement- (1) These Rules may be called Wildlife (Protection) Rules, 1995.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires
(a) "Act" means the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972.
(b) "Section" means the Section of the Act.
3. The manner of the notice under clause (c) of section 55- (1) The notice to the Central Government or the State Government or any authorised officer, as the case may be, shall be given in Form "A" annexed to these rules.
(2) The person/giving notice to the Central Government or the State Government or any authorised officer shall send the notice by registered post to:
(a) The Director of Wildlife Preservation, Government of India in the Ministry of Environment and Forests, New Delhi; and
(b) (i) The Secretary to the concerned State Govt./Union Territory incharge of Wildlife, or
(ii) The Chief Wildlife Warden of the concerned State Govt./Union Territory, or
(iii) Any authorised officer of State Government/Union Teritory.
(See sub-rule 1 of rule 3)
Notice under section 55 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972.
Whereas an offence under the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 has been committed/is being committed by [Full name(s) and complete address(es)
And whereas the brief facts of the offence(s) are enclosed;
I/We hereby give notice of 60 days under section 55 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 my / our intention to file a complaint the in court of ———————————————— for violation of section(s) —————- of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972.
I am/We are enclosing the following documents as evidence of proof of the violation of the said Act. (Documentary evidence may include photographs /reports /statements of witness(es) for enabling enquiry into the alleged violation /offence).
SARWESHWAR JHA, Jt. Secy.
* Published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part 11, Sec. 3 (i) Dt. 18.4.1995.