December 10, 2018:
On Sunday, Iranian police said that 10 people had been arrested in connection with a suicide attack in south-eastern Iran that killed two police officers.
Jihadist separatist group Ansar al-Furqan has claimed responsibility for Thursday’s assault in which an explosives-laden car was driven into a police station in the port city of Chabahar.
The authorities have rejected the claim of responsibility for the attack, relatively rare in Iran, which also injured around 40 people.
Police Chief Hossein Ashtari said that 10 people had been arrested.
On Saturday, Ansar al-Furqan released a photo of the alleged suicide bomber who were identified as Abdullah Aziz, according to the Site Intelligence Group, which monitors jihadist activities.
Sistan-Baluchistan province has faced decades-long insurgencies by Pakistan-based Baluchi separatists and Sunni Muslim extremists.
Iran has claimed that the United States & Tehran’s regional rivals, Saudi Arabia & Israel, support the insurgent groups.