About the competition:
This Law Debate is being organized with a purpose to spread the maximum legal awareness among the students and the exposure to the current issues in the country.
The Topic for Preliminary and Final Round shall be “Public Interest and Privacy: Striking the balance” and “Should India revert back to paper ballot in elections” respectively.
Each team shall be compromised of 2 speakers, one for the motion and another against it.
Date: 30 March, 2019.
Venue: Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Qila Road, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh 202002.
Rs. 1000 per team.
Each team must register with the Organizing Committee of National Law Debate by sending the completed duly attested Registration Form along with the required payment of Rs. 1000 /- through speed post/mail either in the form of Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Dean, Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh’ payable at Aligarh from any nationalised bank or Account Transfer to Name: ‘Dean Faculty of Law, AMU’; A/C no: ‘5247101004404’, IFSC code: ‘CNRB0005247’, MICR Code: ‘202015013’, Bank Name: ‘Canara Bank, AMU, Aligarh’ by 25th MARCH, 2019.
The scanned copy of the fully filled Registration Form along with the Receipt of payment (for account transfer) or the Demand Draft (DD) must be sent to the email ‘AMUNLD[atrediffmail.com’ by 25th March 2019.
- National Law Debate Trophy for the Winning team and Cash Prize of Rs. 5000/-
- National Law Debate Trophy for Runners- up team and Cash Prize of Rs. 3000/-
- Best Speaker in favour – Rs. 1000/-
- Best Speaker against – Rs. 1000/-
- Merit Certificate to the second Best Speaker and Interjector.
- Certificate for participation will be given to all the participants.
Contact for inquiry:
All the correspondence for any query, information or clarification in respect of debate competition and rules & regulation should be addressed to the following:
Faculty: Dr. Mohammad Tariq, Associate Professor & In-charge, Law Society, Ph: +91-7906553208 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mr. Faham Ahmed Khan, Secretary, Law Society, Ph: +91-73511 48801 (email@example.com).
- Mr. Sahbaj Akhtar, Ph: +91-7004462968 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mr. Suhail Khan, Ph: +91-9219782517 (email@example.com).
- Mr. Akash Varshney, Joint Secretary, Law Society, Ph: +91-8077515252 (firstname.lastname@example.org).