The Organizing Committee (OC) of Youth Conclave, 2018 (YC, 2018) welcomes students across universities to present their research papers. It invites student researches from various backgrounds such as law, business, diplomacy, political science, liberal humanities, negotiations and other IR related subjects to showcase their research skills, creativity and imagination to stimulate the professional superiority and proficiency in the field.
The main theme for the papers will be “Peace and Conflict” along with the sub-themes which are briefly discussed below.
- Humanitarian intervention and the threat to state sovereignty.
- Nuclear deals, economic sanctions, and the compromise on human rights
- Power dynamics and conflict management in South Asia
- Global Politics of resources and rentierism
We will accept papers both in Hindi & English.
We would like to invite participants by asking them to submit an abstract (300-500 words). The Editorial Team of YC, 2018 will shortlist students based on the submitted-abstract. The shortlisted students will be given sufficient time (one and half month) to carry out their research and write their paper.
The work of all participants will be acknowledged officially. All participants will be acknowledged with the certificate signed by Vice Chancellor of JGU, Dean of JSIA and Faculty Coordinator of Youth Conclave and JGU Mementos.
- Abstract Submission Date: July 29, 2018
- Notification on Acceptance of Abstracts: August 10, 2018
- Final Paper Submission: September 30th, 2018
- Youth Conclave 2018: Oct 27-28
All abstracts must be submitted to Diplomania at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The basic housekeeping guidelines for the abstracts and papers are:
- Word limit: 300-500 words
- Font Style: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12
- Justified Text
- Proper referencing and bibliography
- No Plagiarism (Submissions which show more than 30% Plagiarism will be disqualified.)
Logistics for Non JGU Participants:
All Non-JGU Participants will be charged INR 1500/- which will comprise of accommodation, food and transport facilities.
Accommodation: All Non-JGU YC’18 participants will be provided with accommodation in hotels nearby. They are expected to check in and check out as per the given time. If they fail to do so, participants have to incur the accommodation charge.
Transport: All Non-JGU YC’18 participants will be provided with transport facilities from Delhi to Campus (and back to Delhi) and from Sonipat to Campus (and back to Sonipat). The transport facility will also include picking up from the hotel and dropping to the JGU campus, and vice-versa.
Food: All Non-JGU YC’18 participants will be provided with a large variety of food (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) on the JGU campus.
The Faculty Coordinator for the Youth Conclave’18, powered by Diplomania is Dr. Pankaj Jha (email@example.com), Assistant Professor, JSIA.
The members of the Steering Committee are:
- Anadi Jha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bhavay Malhotra (email@example.com)
- Sakshi Garg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yashh Golechha (email@example.com)
Sharon Jose, Priyasha Sai Ukil, Jayati Sagar and Megha Gupta
For concept note, Click here.