June 24, 2019:
President Trump has ordered ICE to start rounding up migrant families who have already received deportation orders as early as this Sunday, an operation that could begin with predawn raids in major US cities on Sunday, a new report said Friday.The “family op,” as ICE & the Department of Homeland Security called it, would target up to 2,000 families facing deportation orders in as many as 10 cities, including Houston, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles & other major immigration destinations.
It was unclear whether the Big Apple would be on the target list, though team Trump has repeatedly slammed the city for its sanctuary city policies.
Some DHS officials said the operation could devolve into chaos, as the president announced it on Twitter last week, potentially warning those targeted to lay low.
“Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they come in,” he wrote.
“Mexico, using their strong immigration laws, is doing a very good job of stopping people long before they get to our Southern Border. Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement. The only ones who won’t do anything are the Democrats in Congress. They must vote to get rid of the loopholes, & fix asylum! If so, Border Crisis will end quickly!” he added.
But the president insisted that the operation move forward as he ramped up his “zero tolerance” rhetoric on immigration while formally declaring his run for reelection.
Source Link
Publish Your Article
Campus Ambassador
Media Partner
Campus Buzz
LatestLaws.com presents: Lexidem Offline Internship Program, 2026
LatestLaws.com presents 'Lexidem Online Internship, 2026', Apply Now!