Thursday, 21, May, 2026
 
 
 
Expand O P Jindal Global University
 

Brazil: Soccer Star Neymar testifies in allegation of posting rape accuser's pics on internet


Neymar
07 Jun 2019
Categories: International News

June 07, 2019:

Soccer star Neymar Jr. has testified in an investigation before the Brazilian police into an alleged cyber-crime after he shared on social media a conversation and intimate photos of a woman who accused him of rape.

On Thursday, the Paris Saint Germain forward arrived at a police station here in a wheelchair after suffering an ankle ligament injury in a friendly between Brazil and Qatar ahead of the next week Copa America, which he will now miss.

Neymar, 27, was greeted by dozens of children at the gates of the police station, while inside he was approached by a throng of journalists who crowded around him.

The striker was called to testify before the Unit for the Suppression of Computer Crimes after posting a video on social media on Saturday in which he showed a conversation with a woman who has accused him of rape and assault, as well as intimate photos of her, although they were partially blurred.

The incident allegedly took place at a Paris hotel on May 15.

Neymar said he shared details of the conversation because he wanted to prove that he was victim of extortion by the Brazilian model.

After the publication of the video, which was later deleted by Instagram for violating the rules of the network, authorities opened an investigation against Neymar for alleged cybercrimes.

In Brazil it is a crime to offer, share, transmit, sell, distribute, publish or broadcast images or videos that contain sexual content by any means without the consent of the subject, with a potential prison sentence of one to five years, which can be increased in cases when a person did it for revenge or humiliation after having a sexual relationship.

The privacy and cybercrime charge was made after Trindade went to police in Sao Paulo last week to accuse Neymar of sexually assaulting her.

She told SBT Brazil in a televised interview on Wednesday that she was raped and assaulted by the Paris Saint-Germain star in a hotel room last month.

"I was the victim of rape," she said, "An assault together with rape."

She said that Neymar, the world's most expensive footballer, had paid for her to travel to Paris from Brazil and had paid for her hotel.

She said that when he arrived at the hotel on May 15, he was aggressive, drunk and refused to stop, despite her pleas.

Trindade's lawyer, Danilo Garcia de Andrade, appeared Thursday at a police station in Sao Paulo and announced that her client would give a new statement to the authorities on Friday.

Source Link



Download the LatestLaws.com Mobile App
 
 
Latestlaws Newsletter
 

Publish Your Article

 

Campus Ambassador

 

Media Partner

 

Campus Buzz

 

LatestLaws Guest Court Correspondent

LatestLaws Guest Court Correspondent Apply Now!
 

LatestLaws.com presents: Lexidem Offline Internship Program, 2026

 

LatestLaws.com presents 'Lexidem Online Internship, 2026', Apply Now!

 
 

LatestLaws Partner Event : IJJ

 

LatestLaws Partner Event : MAIMS

 
 
Latestlaws Newsletter