LatestLaws.com Workshop on ‘Excellence in Drafting of Commercial Contracts’ on 29th June (Register By: 27th June,2018)
[29 th June, 2018, New Delhi]
Register by 27th June, 2018
LatestLaws.com, is one of the leading legal websites in India which provides the user with daily legal updates, legal articles, largest free downloadable database of Central and State Bare Acts, Law Commission of India Reports and much more. Latest Laws Facebook Page has more than 1.50 Lakh followers world over.
LatestLaws.com is organising a 1-day workshop on “Excellence in Drafting of Commercial Contracts” to help Legal Professionals and law students sharpen their legal contract drafting skills and achieve next level of proficiency with Mr. Bhumesh Verma, Founder and Manager of Corp. Comm. Legal and Shri Mehar S. Rathi, Former Head of Law Department, Police Training College, Delhi and Ex-Chief Public Prosecutor.
Number of Seats
Limited Number of seats are available.
The participants will get in-depth guidance and personalised feedback. Each Participant will get a Certificate signed by the Faculty.
Dates and Timings
Friday, 29 th June, 2018: 10 AM to 5 PM
Those who are interested can register here Register Now
Major learnings in the workshop
- Why skilful legal drafting of commercial contracts is important?
- What does a client expect?
- How do you optimally protect your client’s interest?
- How should you work with templates – what to add, edit or delete?
- How to be proactive to foresee risks and pitfalls that the parties didn’t contemplate and allocate responsibility for them?
Layout of the workshop
The Participants will learn how to decipher and draft different critical clauses for fool proof contract.
They will learn and appreciate the relevance behind each word in clauses to make their drafting to the point, sharp and precise.
Itinerary and Syllabus
29 th June, 2018 (Friday): 10 AM to 5 PM
1. The need of skilfully written contracts
2. Different types of Contracts
3. Benefits of Good Drafting Skills
4. Primary focus areas while drafting an agreement
5. Essential components of contracts
6. Creating an agreement clause-by-clause
7. Balancing a draft
8. Goals that Contract Serve
- Write, edit and critique clauses of a contract (a group-level contract creation exercise, to enable the participants to lose fear of drafting a contract).
- Prepare a requisition list for an agreement
- Identify missing clauses in a template for an agreement
There will be two tea breaks of 15 minutes each and a 30 minutes lunch break.
The sessions will be led by Bhumesh Verma, Founder & Managing Partner at Corp Comm. Legal.
He is one of the most recognised Indian corporate lawyers, having been a partner at some of best Indian law firms in the past. He figures in the India Business Law Journal (IBLJ) A List – Top 100 Indian Lawyers. Besides legal practice, he is a well-known figure in academic world, having authored more than 200 articles and 2 very successful books on Drafting of Commercial Contracts. He is a guest faculty with leading law and management institutions.
Shri Mehar S. Rathi, Former Head of Law Department, Police Training College, Delhi and Ex-Chief Public Prosecutor.
He has 52 years of experience in the legal field and is expert in Civil, Criminal, Commercial, and Revenue Law. He is a teacher par excellence having also served Delhi Police Training College for around 15 years. Presently, he is serving as Chairperson, Family Welfare Committee in Delhi and is also practicing in all fields of law.
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, AU- Block, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, Delhi,
110034, (Nearest Metro Station Haiderpur or Pitampura), New Delhi, 110030.
*Includes Registration, Workshop Kit Fee, Refreshments and Certificate
Limited Number of seats are available. Selected on a first-come-first-serve basis. Block your
seat by registering.
In case you have any questions, feel free to call us on +918920383947 or write to email@example.com