Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and successful social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding, and people as a catalyst for social change.
Dasra scales non-profit organizations and social businesses in order to help accelerate poverty alleviation and transform lives.
With over 15 years of experience and a team of 100 + professionals, Dasra has established itself as a social sector leader by:
- Evaluating over 2,000 non-profit organizations and social businesses;
- Advising 600 non-profit organizations and social businesses on growth plans;
- Engaging over 3,000 philanthropists, multi-lateral agencies, and corporate foundations;
- Publishing 30 research reports and white papers;
- Directing over INR 280 CR in funding commitments to the social sector
- About the Democracy and Governance Collaborative (DaGC)
- DaGC was launched in 2015 to drive collaborative action to strengthen good governance initiatives to transforms lives in India.
It builds strategic partnerships, promotes multi-stakeholder engagement, and manages impact by supporting non-profits to advance the field of democracy and governance in India.
It is currently working to identify innovative mechanisms to yield solutions with measurable outcomes within 3 priority areas: (i) local governance; (ii) citizen empowerment; and (iii) rule of law & access to justice.
Role, Responsibilities and timelines:
We require a full time legal intern for a period of 4 to 6 months to conduct legal research and writing on gender and law.
This will involve:
(i) creating a landscape of international covenants, Indian legislation that increase women’s access to justice;
(ii) identifying gaps in law and effective implementation, through research and expert interviews with legal and gender experts; and
(iii) developing research-based recommendations to improve access to justice for women in India.
These efforts will inform DaGC’s strategy for the priority area of rule of law & access to justice.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a degree in law;
- Excellent legal research, analysis, and writing skills;
- Strong communication skills in English and Hindi
- Technical proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates with a demonstrated interest in gender issues will be preferred.
All internships at Dasra are unpaid.
Please apply by clicking here.