Delhi Police has been striving to make Delhi Safe for Women to dispell the tag of Delhi being most unsafe City for Women.
CISF which is looking after security of Metro Stations in Delhi has decided that commuters in Delhi Metro will now be allowed to carry along small pocket knives upto Four inches long.
They would be also allowed to carry small “non-harmful” items like matchbox, lighters etc.
This measure was taken as it was seen that commuters do carry such items for personal use and when objected they pick up quarrels at the station during CISF security checks.
He added that despite this public security in Metro is their utmost priority.
But it is clarified that similar change cannot be entertained by CISF in the security of the Airports.
About 95 per cent cases of crime against women filed in a year cntinue to be under investigation.
Further more in order to enhance confidence of women all over the city Delhi Police too has taken following steps to prevent crime against women:- 1. Corporate Houses including BPOs have been asked to ensure that their Women staff do not travel alone in the cab and are dropped right at their door steps by the vehicles.
2. Helpline number 1096 is dedicated to Anti-stalking Cell and Anti-obscene calls cells can be approached.
3. Prominent help desk have been created to attend women complaint in each of the police station.
4. All PCR vans has been directed to help stranded women during night. It is directed that any women can call PCR van by dialing 100 and she would be dropped to the nearest safe place.
5. Steps have been taken toensure that Women staff has been deployed in a few beats and in PCR vans in the area prone to crime against women.
6. Special Police Unit for Women & Children Unit has been established at Nanakpura, New Delhi as well as CAW Cells.
7. Surprise visits and checks are carried out in buses, markets, cinema, road junctions, universities/colleges/schools etc.
8. Gender sensitization and legal awareness programmes have been organized for police personnel, in association with reputed NGOs.
9. Self-defence Training programmes are organised in various schools/colleges and other institutions.
10.NGOs working for women are consulted for their suggestions to improve the police response to the problems of women.
11.Rape Crisis Intervention Centre with Doctors, psychologists, Lawyers, Volunteer Organizations, Nodal Officers etc. to facilitate providing professional counseling to rape victims.
12. Parivartan programmee targeting mainly slum areas, women police officials are deputed to perform beat duties and they are imparted special training to control crime against women.
13. Establishment of women police station.
14. Security audit paying guest accommodations and working Girls Hostels.
15. Hon’ble High Court Delhi has eatablished fast track courts for Rape Cases.
16. Improvement of lighting dark stretches.
17. Drive against commercial sexual exploitation of women with action against Brothels.
18.Trafficking of girls and women contained by conducting rescue operations with the help of NGOs.
19. 1091 is working as Women helpline and vehicle with staff has been deployed in each district to deal with women related calls.
20. Counselling is being provided under “Save family save homes” project. This project is being run in collaboration with National Commission for Women.
21. Awareness programmed through media(Radio, TV and print Media).
22. Distribution of pamphlets regarding safety and security of women in distress.
23. Establishment of One Stop Centres by DSLSA with Delhi Govt. at Hospitals and District Courts for Women Victims of Crime.
Belts are for Dogs
State of Two Nations pic by sandeep
...as an eminent lawyer you ought to know that your action tantamount to, under Section B, sub-section G.VIX, read along with I.P.C. (A) XI (B), notwithstanding... TOI
State of Judiciary by Sandeep Adhwaryu of TOI
Humour @ Latest Laws: Achhey Din
Acheche Din pic by sify
Delivery Boy by Satish
Time to straighten up pic by TOI
Demonitisation Diaries by sify
Tax Reforms by Hindu
Missing the Point
pic by english blog
Soaring of Oil Prices pic by indiaone
Demonitisation Diaries 2 pic by sify
[caption id="attachment_97462" align="alignleft" width="524"] Painting India Saffron[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_97467" align="alignleft" width="621"] Humour with Latest Laws[/caption]
Four Pillars of Democracy by Satish
Let Justice Be
Alligator vs Litigator
Women Safety: State of Affairs pic by mangal
Demonitisation Diaries 1 pic by sify
If India takes One Step, we will take Two ...................by Satish
Pic by Hindu
Women Empowerment and Sports
[caption id="attachment_97474" align="alignleft" width="621"] Donald Trump’s immigration ban[/caption]
Auto Driver thrashed for no fault, source oneindia
[caption id="attachment_97477" align="alignleft" width="621"] UIDAI Leaks[/caption]
Lawyers Bearing the Burden Literally
pic by OMG
February 17, 2019: They said that it was the government that insisted on keeping the personnel based on what they said was their assessment of threat perception. The Jammu & Kashmir administration has withdrawn the security of five separatist leaders ...