Queen Mary School of Law is offering 5 partial scholarships worth GBP 10,000 to International Students for full-time Postgraduate Law programmes.
The scholarships are available from the School of Law for the following programmes:
- LLM Art, Business and Law
- LLM Banking and Finance Law
- LLM Commercial and Corporate Law
- LLM Comparative and International Dispute Resolution
- LLM Competition Law
- LLM Computer and Communications Law
- LLM Criminal Justice
- LLM International Economic Law
- LLM Energy and Natural Resources Law
- LLM Environmental Law
- LLM European Law
- LLM Human Rights Law
- LLM Immigration Law
- LLM Insurance Law
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM International Shipping Law
- LLM Master of Laws (General)
- LLM Legal Theory
- LLM Media Law
- LLM Medical Law
- LLM Public International Law
- LLM Tax Law
- LLM Law and Economics
- LLM in Regulation and Compliance
- LLM in computer and communication law (Distance learning)
- LLM Sorbonne Law School
- MA Regulation and Compliance
- LLM Regulation and Compliance
- MSc Law and Finance
The partial scholarships cover the partial cost of tuition only in the form of a fee waiver; the scholarships do not cover additional course costs (books etc.) or accommodation fees.
Scholarships are not payable directly to successful applicants but are offset against your student fee invoice.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, the submitted personal statement in response to the set question as detailed in the application, and in some cases, financial need and professional/extracurricular achievements.
How to apply?
Apply via this online application link.
You must submit the following documents with your online application:
- 1000 word (maximum) statement in response to the following: ‘Please explain why you want to study for the chosen programme at Queen Mary University of London, specifying the area of law and the modules you have a particular interest in. What you will bring to the programme and why you feel you should be awarded a scholarship; focusing on your academic and professional achievements (if relevant) and financial need.
- Transcripts of your law degree and any other legal qualifications. Please submit relevant, translated copies only.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- 1 x Reference letter (This can be a copy of the reference submitted as part of your programme application or, if not available to you, you must obtain a reference specifically for this scholarship application). Please do not submit more than one reference letter.
If you have missing documents in your application it will not be considered in time for scholarship consideration. It is acceptable to apply with a conditional offer of study pending English language test scores or final academic grades.
The deadline for submission of the scholarships application is 22 March 2019 by 17.00 hrs GMT – students must have an offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) for the LLM before applying for funding.
Therefore, any student who has applied for a programme listed above by 22 February 2019 and has not received an offer of study by 18 March 2019 should contact email@example.com (not the admissions team) and quote the date of application and their application number in order for us to look into this.
For queries about the progress of LLM Applications please contact the Admissions Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.