The Literary Society, Faculty of Law, Integral University is organizing the 1st National Legal Essay Writing Competition. The Society seeks essays on the topic “Protection of Sexual Minorities: Social Morality vs. Constitutional Morality”.
The competition is open to LL.B. (both Three Year and Five Year courses) and LL.M. students studying in any of the recognized Law Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities.
The participation fee is Rs. 150/- (non-refundable), only payable by PayTm on- 9936835699.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Submission –1st National Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2018”.
- The essay must be accompanied by a covering email providing the participant’s name, address, institutional identity card and proof of payment of the entry fee.
- All submissions must be made on or before 11:59 PM, 25th November 2018.
- Participants are allowed to submit one essay only, multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification. Co-authorship is also not permitted.
- The submission shall be in the English language.
- Word limit of the submission is 2,500-3,000 words, excluding footnotes.
- Any submission that is found to be plagiarized shall be disqualified from the Competition. To protect the creative interest plagiarism shall be permitted only up to 20%.
- The essay should be the original work of the authors and should not have been published in any form or manner before. Integral University will not be responsible for any claims made by any parties regarding copyright infringements in the works submitted by authors.
- Participant shall not include his/her name in the submission’s text in any form.
- Copyright of the submission shall remain with Integral University.
- In case of any conflicts, the jury shall be the final authority on the guidelines.
- The submission shall be typewritten in an A4 sized document with a 1-inch margin on all sides and be justified. The main text of the submission shall be in Font Times New Roman 12-point. Further, footnotes shall be in Font Times New Roman 10-point.
- Submission should be 1.5 spaced (except footnotes which may be single-spaced).
- Submission must be in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format
- All submissions must follow the Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition system of citation.
The result of the essay writing competition will be declared by 10th December 2018.
1st Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Medal + ₹2000/- Cash Prize
2nd Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Medal + ₹1500/- Cash Prize
3rd Prize: Certificate of Appreciation +Medal + ₹1000/- Cash Prize
*E-Certificates will be provided to all the participants.*
For any query, reach us on email@example.com
Student-in-Charge – Mohd. Rameez Raza (+919936835699; firstname.lastname@example.org)