The Janak Kapoor Memorial National Debate 2018-19 will he held by Abhivyakti: The Debating Society at Satyawati College (Day), University of Delhi on November 1, 2018.
The Debate is organised in the memory of late Mrs. Janak Kapoor.
The National Debate is a trilingual debate and the motion for the debate this year is
This house believes that Nihilism liberates humankind.
यह सदन मानता है कि शून्यवाद मानव जाति को मुक्त करता है।
اس ایوان کا ماننا ہے کی* *عدمیت انسانی قوم کو آزاد *کرتا ہے ۔
The National Debate has through each of its edition created a big reputation amongst all debating circuits of India and thereby hosting teams of institutions from across the nation.
Eligibility and Registration
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of different colleges/universities can participate.
- Each college/university department can send one team of two debaters. One debater shall speak in favour of the motion and another against it.
- Universities having centralized units of extracurricular activities can choose their debaters across different departments and send a total of two teams.
- Cross college teams are not allowed.
- The registration fee for the team not requiring accommodation is ₹ 200 and for the team requiring accommodation is ₹ 500.
- The teams must Paytm the registration fee to +91 8826120795 and then fill the form.
- Final confirmation of the slot rests with the organizing committee and shall be revealed one week prior to the event through e-mail.
- On the day of the event, the participants must produce their identity cards and a letter of authority.
- The authority letter should be duly signed and stamped by the principal of the college/university or convener of the society or the head of the department. The letter should clearly specify the name, course, year of the participants and the language they shall be speaking in.
- Failing to produce the authority letter will lead to disqualification.
- In case, A team’s slot is not confirmed the registration fee shall be refunded through Paytm.
The prize money for this year is
- First Prize: ₹10,000
- Second Prize – ₹7,000
- Third Prize: ₹5,000
- Best interjector: ₹500×2
In addition to this we have
Best team: Janak Kapoor Memorial Running Trophy
Click here to register.
For any further details/queries, contact
Shashi Ranjan, President: 8826120795
Bharti Sanskriti, Vice President: 8860722834
Or Email: email@example.com.
For more updates and information, follow this Facebook page.