The Government Law College, Kozhikode is organizing a three day International Seminar on International Legal Norms on Terrorism & Counter-Terrorism: Promises, Experiences and Challenges from 27th to 29th January, 2019, at the college premises.
This seminar aims at promoting comparative global research, law reform and policy initiatives to combat terrorism and to bring together researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to discuss problems, disseminate learning, and share knowledge of existing policy, research, and international lessons in the area.
The Keynote Speaker is Ms. Shannon Maree Torrens, International and Human Rights Lawyer, who has worked in international criminal law at the international criminal tribunals and courts focusing on genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes. She has worked as a legal and political advisor for the Marshall Islands in connection with the United Nations and the International Criminal Court. Shannon has lectured, published and presented papers in the areas of international criminal law, human rights, climate change and law of the sea
internationally. She is currently a PhD Candidate at the University of Sydney Law School.
Call for Papers
Thought- provoking, multi-disciplinary, quality research papers within the broad themes of the seminar are invited.
- Concept and Understanding of International Terrorism
- Origin, Causes and Problems of Identification
- Forms of Terrorism
- Impacts of Terrorism
- Containing Terrorism: The Legal mechanism
- Trial, punishment of offenders & rehabilitation rights of victims.
- Combatting terrorism – India’s experience
- The way forward: An unravelment of solutions to terrorism
- Abstracts of not more than 250 words shall be sent in pdf format containing the following information: Name of the Presenter, Designation/Institution details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract to the following email address: email@example.com.
The guidelines for abstract and full papers are given in the official notification below.
- Submission of abstract: January 7, 2019
- Confirmation of abstract selection: January 10, 2019
- Submission of full paper: January 21, 2019
- Seminar dates: January 27-29, 2019
+91 9821733695, +91 9447257393