The Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy (IJLPP) [ISSN 2394-2657] (www.ijlpp.com) is a peer reviewed bi-annual, law and public policy publication. The journal is a solemn effort to promote erudite discernment and academic scholarship over the contradictions which have given way for a continuing debate between the relationship of law and public policy.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam is being updated for the first time since 1951. NRC is meant to be a list containing names of Indian citizens in the State of Assam who have been so before 24th March 1971, the cut-off date for purposes of Indian citizenship for residents of Assam. For any resident of Assam, to be included in the updated list of NRC, she must submit necessary documents proving her own legacy or linking it with existing legacy data. The current exercise is being conducted under the supervision of the Hon’ble of Supreme Court and in compliance of provisions of the Citizenship Act, 1955 and the rules made there under.
The updation of NRC is in its final stages with the final draft of the NRC having been published on 30th July 2018. Approximately 4 million names have not been included in the final draft. This figure also includes those who have been put “on hold”, including D-voters and relatives of Declared Foreigners. The state has not revealed the reasons for keeping people on hold and those who have been left out could file their claims for inclusion in the NRC and to produce additional documents in support of their claims. The conference is being organised by IJLPP in association with AYYUBI LAW PRACTICES (ALP).
ELIGIBILITY AND AUTHORSHIP:
1. IJLPP invites submissions from students, academicians, researchers, experts, practitioners etc.
2. Co-authorship: Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
3. Only one submission shall be allowed per author and in case of co-author one submission shall be deemed to include both.
In case of separate submissions by co-authors, it shall be taken as multiple submissions which will be subject to rejection and disqualification thereof.
1. National Register of Citizens: Legal Framework and Implementation
2. D-Voters: Abundance Precaution or Illegal Persecution
3. Citizenship Laws in India: Leaning towards Political Rhetoric or Constitutional Morality
4. Post-NRC Regime and Issues regarding Illegal Migrants and Detention Camps
1. The soft copy of abstract must be emailed to administrators (in MS Word. Doc/ docx format) at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by JANUARY 02, 2019.
2. The subject of the e-mail must be “Submission for Conference, 2019” and the file must be named as Author(s) name.
3. The soft copy of the abstract must NOT contain name of the author(s) or any information which discloses any details of author(s).
4. A cover letter shall be attached containing following details – Name of author(s), University/Law School Name and its address, Theme and Title of the paper, Contact details of authors (Email id and Contact Number).
1. The submissions shall be in English.
2. The name(s) of the author(s) must not be disclosed or mentioned anywhere in the submission.
3. The word limit for the abstract is 450-500 words. The word limit for full paper submission is 3000-3500 words (exclusive of footnotes and references).
4. The mandatory formatting specifications for the abstract are 1-inch margin on all sides; Times New Roman typeface with 12 font size & 1.5 line spacing.
5. The submission should be original work & must not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
AUTHORS MUST STRICTLY FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES FAILING WHICH THEIR SUBMISSION MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
1. Each paper presenter needs to register separately by paying fee of Rs. 500/- (In case of co-author, the total fee to be paid is Rs. 800/-).
This need to be done by the authors whose paper are selected for paper presentation after full paper submission.
2. Those who submit full paper but are not selected for paper presentation will be considered for publication by IJLPP in special issue on NRC.
The fee for registration as Delegate is Rs. 300/- (In case of co-author, the total fee to be paid is Rs. 500/-). Certificate of Participation will given to all the delegates who attend the conference.
3. There is no registration fee for students/academicians/practitioners merely attending the conference.
DECLARATION OF RESULTS:
1. The organizers shall endeavor to declare the selected submissions by January 04, 2019. The selected author(s) shall then be required to send full paper by January 14, 2019.
2. From those who send full paper, few best papers will be selected for paper presentation but non-selection in paper presentation does not mean non-consideration for publication in special issue by IJLPP on NRC. Result for the same shall be announced by January 16, 2019.
3. Those who submit full paper but are not selected for presentation shall be referred to as “Delegates” and those who are selected for paper presentation shall be referred to as “Paper Presenter”. The former will be given Certificate of Participation on attending the conference and the latter will be given Certificate of Presentation. In case the paper of any of these is selected for publication, they will be also given Certificate of Publication.
4. The contributors shall be notified by an e-mail.
To Read Official Brochure, Click Here
LAST DATE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: January 02, 2019.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SELECTED ENTRIES : January 04, 2019.
LAST DATE FOR FULL PAPER SUBMISSION: January 14, 2019.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PAPERS TO BE PRESENTED: January 16, 2019.
DATE OF PAPER PRESENTATION AND CONFERENCE: January 19, 2019
FOR OTHER INFORMATION/ QUERIES CONTACT
Adv. Ibad Mushtaq (Consulting Editor) – 9911044680
Pranav Tanwar (Editor-in-chief) – 8700925031
Shreya Shukla (Managing Editor) – 9694888710